- See the Watch care section.
- HAMILTON guarantees the availability of replacement parts for at least 10 years after the end of production of every model. Everything possible will be done to ensure that collector's items and vintage watches can be repaired. If it is not possible to repair an old watch, we will offer you in exchange a new watch at favorable terms.
- To ensure a professional repair, take your watch to an authorized HAMILTON Service Center or your HAMILTON retailer.
- We do not send replacement parts directly to our customers for technical and qualitative reasons. The authorized HAMILTON Service Centers offer our customers a professional service that meets HAMILTON's high standards.
A battery life varies usually from two to five years depending on the type of the watch, its dimensions and the quantity of energy requested by the different functions. If the second hand (if there is one) begins to jump in 4 second intervals, the battery of your HAMILTON watch needs to be changed. (End of life indicator)
We recommend that you take your watch to an authorized HAMILTON Service Center or HAMILTON retailer as they have the tools and testing equipment necessary to carry out the work professionally. An empty battery must be changed as soon as possible to avoid the risk of leakage and resulting damage to the watch movement.
- See PDF
*Please note that we do not accept returns once the rubber strap has been sized.*
- The difference between these watch movements is the way they are wound. Watches with manual winding must be wound by hand daily with the crown. Automatic movements are wound by a built-in flywheel mass that is activated by the movement of the wrist.
- A mechanical movement is a micromechanical precision instrument, which is still largely assembled by hand. Power is stored in the spring barrel either by manual winding, or by the automatic movement, transferred to the mechanism by movement of the arm. A mechanical movement is regulated by the balance wheel, which oscillates with the spiral spring. In many high-quality movements the balance wheel oscillates at a frequency of 4Hz per second (eg. Valjoux Cal. 7750). The sophisticated technology of the mechanical watch has been developed over centuries and still represents the pinnacle of watchmaking. The outstanding characteristic of a quartz watch is its uncompromising precision and ability to maintain this until the battery runs out. Quartz mechanisms get their power in general from a battery (button cell battery) and are regulated by a high-precision synthetic quartz, which keeps time with a frequency of 32'768 oscillations per second. All movements built by HAMILTON are manufactured in accordance with the strict quality specifications of Switzerland.
- The accuracy of a watch depends on the movement and the individual habits of the owner and can therefore vary. A qualified HAMILTON watchmaker can set the accuracy of a watch within the set tolerance. Most watches that do not have a chronometer certificate have an average course deviation of -10/+15 seconds per day. To be called a Chronometer, the mechanical watch mechanism must have an average course deviation of -4/+6 seconds per day.
- All HAMILTON quartz movements are produced in accordance with HAMILTON's typically high quality standards and manufacturing methods. Environmental temperatures can affect the accuracy of quartz movements, leading to deviations of -0.5 and +0.7 seconds per day.
- All HAMILTON diamonds are "Top Wesselton VSI" quality. They are bought from legal sources that are not involved in financing conflicts and that comply with UN resolutions, as specified in the Precious Stone Certificate.
- The corresponding user manual is provided with every watch sold. But you can also download all our user manuals from this site at "Customer services/user manuals".
- PVD are the initials for Physical Vapour Deposition.
- We’re sorry but at this time we are unable to customize individual Internet orders.
Your order has been carefully packed and thoroughly inspected and we hope that you are pleased with the item(s) you have selected.
Report any discrepancy in shipment or damages to Customer Service at 1-866-382-2473.
30 day money back guarantee - We guarantee your satisfaction with all Hamilton merchandises.
You may return any unworn, undamaged watch, within 30 days of delivery for a full refund of purchase price (minus shipping and handling fees).
Any watch that fails quality inspection from Customer Service (scratches, worn, damaged) will be returned to you and no refund will be issued.
Rubber straps improperly sized (cut) are not returnable or exchangeable. Rubber straps replacements can be ordered at an additional cost with our customer service at 1-866-382-2473.
Refunds will be processed only onto the original method of payment.
- You may cancel your order provided the order has not been shipped yet from our warehouse. Please call customer service at 1-866-382-2473
- The defective watch must be returned to our warehouse within 30 days as post marked. If you receive a defective watch, the watch will be checked by our Quality Control Department, we will promptly send you a replacement after you have returned the damaged or defective product. For proper return procedures please see our return policy.
You can be sure you are buying a genuine HAMILTON watch if you buy it only from an authorized HAMILTON retailer.
Your watch will be delivered together with an international warranty, duly completed, stamped and signed by the official Hamilton dealer.